httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r...@imdb.com (Rob Hartill)
Subject Re: probably a horrible time to bring this up, but, bug..
Date Thu, 04 Jul 1996 05:35:51 GMT

>Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. It looks like some idiot by the name of Alexei Kosut,
>five months ago, when he submitted a patch to allow Redirect in .htaccess
>files, completely screwed up.

That's life. Think twice before you sign up to work for NASA though  :-)

Perhaps a good option is to mark it as a known bug (not a known security
problem) and create 1.1.1 in a few days time. History shows that this
will not be the only bug that gets reported immediately after a release.

If I'm underestimating the security problems, then please do replace
1.1.0 as soon as a patch exists.

rob