httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Question on 1.1
Date Wed, 03 Jul 1996 21:02:21 GMT
Alexei Kosut liltingly intones:

> A question:
>
> I'm about to revise the Apache pages and dist stuff to feature 1.1 instead
> of 1.0.5. My question is this: should we still have 1.0.5 in there? Should
> it still be linked from the main page with a copy in /dist?

Leave 1.0.5, because it's known stable. Clean up the Old subdirectory,
and have 1.0.5 be it. We've got various binaries to be cleaned out, too,
since 1.0.5 binaries didn't really get built.

> I'm leaning towards not doing this; only reffering to 1.1.0, and moving
> all other, older versions into Old. This makes sense to me, after all,
> 1.1.0 is supposed to be a released, "stable" version, so we should
> advocate its use, and not confuse things with older versions.
>
> Does anyone think otherwise?

Sure. You can tell folks they can get 1.0.5 via ftp, if you like.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
		-- Walt Disney