httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: robot alert
Date Tue, 02 Jul 1996 13:14:31 GMT

> Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 11:48:31 -0600 (MDT)
> From: Paul Ginsparg  505-667-7353 <ginsparg@qfwfq.lanl.gov>
> To: hartill@ooo.lanl.gov
> Subject: 206.86.224.15
>
> came back of course:
>
> three simultaneous requests at 10:51:19, here's the logged user agent:
>
> 206.86.224.15::
> 206.86.224.15::
> 206.86.224.15::
>
> mediasurfer.com is a true menace, and even their / requires user authentication

For anyone interested. We caught the USER_AGENT for this one..  ^^^

I called up best.com (who admin the domain) and asked them to pull
the plug on these people.
They're quiet now..  dunno if that's a coincidence or what.

If I get a response from the culprit I'm going to ask for a snail mail
address where I can send a bill for my time and our server down-time.

rob