httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: support dir
Date Tue, 02 Jul 1996 17:51:32 GMT
  This is pretty much exactly what our autoconfiscation does, except
  there is actually a separate "install-apache" script that sets up a
  simple Apache installation.  We made this separate since only new
  users will want to run this script.

I gather then, that "make install" would try to install a new server
binary into an existing distribution, which is a neat way to separate
these two sorts of installations.  The only question that leaves, I
guess, is how the "install" target in the new distribution's autoconf-
build makefile finds out where the old one was "install-apache"d...

rst