httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aram Mirzadeh <...@qosina.com>
Subject Re: support dir
Date Tue, 02 Jul 1996 00:30:18 GMT
Alexei Kosut said:

> I think that with autoconf, the "end user" should be able to do
>
> 1) configure
> 2) make
> 3) make install
> 4) run Apache
>
> make install would install the binary itself, along with the support
> tools, and properly tweaked config files into /usr/local/etc/apache or
> a like directory specified in configuration.

Can autoconf do dynamic updating of a location?  So if they want to install
it in /usr/local/www they can do it?

> But we've had these discussions before, methinks... :)

We should bring up these things every once in a while.  Just to keep ourselves
on each our toes.

<Aram>
--
Aram Mirzadeh					awm@qosina.com
Apache httpd team member			awm@apache.org

       An elephant is a mouse with an operating system.
           Welcome to the next Generation: LINUX