httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: keepalive and windoze
Date Mon, 01 Jul 1996 23:08:08 GMT
  So, we just put up a note on the web page. Make sure we say that all the
  servers have the bug, it's a Windows bug, and Netscape Navigator 3.0b5
  works around it. That way, no one can yell at us. Yes?

Well, it doesn't seem to be strictly correct to say that "all servers
have the bug", if the bug in fact is on the client side.  It might be
better to say that the bug is in the client, has been observed in its
interactions with several servers, and that (short of turning off
keep-alive?) there's nothing that the server can do about it.

Is it actually "a Windows bug" in that Windows itself has the problem,
or is it just Netscape?

rst