httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src mod_auth_msql.c
Date Mon, 01 Jul 1996 23:02:29 GMT
> Randy Terbush wrote:
> >

> > Can someone please make an argument for _why_ we do a general release
> > with known bugs? Let alone bugs in authorization code?
>
> As far as I understand it, these patches are (almost) all to do with
> compatibility with a different module with the same name. I'm not convinced
> this is an issue we need concern ourselves with. Actually, I'm not convinced we
> should even include msql support in the main release. After all, it is
> commercial software which most members don't have access to.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.

I don't disagree with your point in questioning whether these types
of modules should be in core. At this point in time though, it is.

The changes that were added to this module to make it backward compatible
with the other module of the same name broke the standard behavior.
These patches correct that so that it should continue to work out
of the box as it has.