httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Patches
Date Mon, 01 Jul 1996 16:25:40 GMT
>   I think that we are still seeing valid changes and cleanup patches
>   coming in like Andy and Jim's and would like to see them go into
>   the 1.1 release.
>
> Randy ---

Before we start this week off like last, I would appreciate it if
you would address these issues to the group. I am clearly not the
only one that supports cleanup of the code, nor did I classify
the mod_cern_meta as "cleanup". Call it a needed functionality
change.

Since you seem to have my position on this confused, let me reiterate.

I support the notion of branching the current CVS tree and beginning
work on 1.2.

I support the idea of yet another public beta after including some
of these patches that have been presented.

I support the idea of fixing the UnixWare/ no_linger problem.

In NO WAY am I supporting the idea of tossing in these patches
and doing a general 1.1 release today.

I see no reason for rushing to a general 1.1 release for the simple
reason that we have other enhancements that we want to begin adding.
That's why we have setup CVS.