httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathan Neulinger <nn...@umr.edu>
Subject Re: Suggestion. (fwd)
Date Thu, 06 Jun 1996 03:21:27 GMT
It would be easy enough to get the viewing capability with the different
sorts, and indicating the current sort (via the <EM> highlighting of the
column), but I don't see an appropriate way for the client to choose how to
display it...

Unless you think something like:

http://www.wherever.com/mydir?sort=date

Would be appropriate? My guess is that this would cause problems elsewhere...

-- Nathan

At 7:45 PM 6/5/96, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> This would be tremendous.  I have some ideas about using an extended
> mod_dir.c as an interface to RCS, too. :)
>
>         Brian
>
> On Wed, 5 Jun 1996, James H. Cloos Jr. wrote:
> > > When a directory is listed, it is always sorted (using qsort in
> > > mod_dir.c). Now there should be a way to influence this sorting
> > > (sort of "ls" options...)
> >
> > Yeah.  I was looking into doing that a while back.  Got sidetracked,
> > though.
> >
> > IF anyone has the time to do it, the interface I think we should use
> > is the interface MacOS's Finder uses for non-iconic folder listings.
> > (Of all things.  But it does look good and work well.)
> >
> > In short, clicking on the column headers resorts the list on that
> > column, and the sorted column's header is highlighted.  The mac
> > underlines the header, as I recall.  We should <EM> it, I think.
> >
> > -JimC
> > --
> > James H. Cloos, Jr.   <URL:http://www.jhcloos.com/~cloos/>
> > cloos@jhcloos.com     Work: cloos@io.com
> > LPF,Usenix,SAGE,ISOC,ACLU

> brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/

Nathan Neulinger                  Univ. of Missouri - Rolla
EMail: nneul@umr.edu                  Computing Services
WWW: http://www.umr.edu/~nneul      SysAdmin: rollanet.org