httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@texas.net>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Usr of ".map." in file name causes problems" on HPUX (fwd)
Date Fri, 28 Jun 1996 23:01:50 GMT
On Fri, 28 Jun 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> While I think in this situation it might be better to make sure that the
> included file can actually be included (i.e., text/*,
> application/x-httpd-cgi or whatever) I think a fix like the below would be
> appropriate as well.  We should at least try and prevent cores no matter
> what garbage the server is pointed at.

I'll take a look at it tonight and do some testing to see which method
would be best.  Want to keep in mind performance of the server as well as
using up lots of RAM.  Although I think that a single test for the size of
the first field being < 100 (SMALLBUF) should be adaquate since it's just
as likely to be caught on the first field of the line than anywhere else.

Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  "To be a saint is to be an exception; to be a true man is the rule.
   Err, fail, sin if you must, but be upright.  To sin as little as
   possible is the law for men; to sin not at all is a dream for angels."

              - Victor Hugo, "Les Miserables"