httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@texas.net>
Subject Re: Style list summary
Date Wed, 26 Jun 1996 20:47:00 GMT
On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Michael Douglass wrote:
> > >
> > > 2. Value of vote. As it stands, most people in the Group are here because of
> > > their expertise in some area. What is a vote from a person whose only
> > > demonstrated skill is the ability to send mail worth?
> >
> > As for my credibility, it should be more than demonstrating skill in the
> > ability to send email...  (At least I hope.)  I am an avid C programmer
> > by hobby as well as career.  I admin 10 Sparcs and 1 SGI for an Internet
> > Service Provider; and I have to do some sort of C programming every week
> > or I just might shrivel up and crumble into a thousand bits.  (It's kinda
> > like drugs; I gotta have it... :)
>
> Hmmm... SGI you say? Do we have a semi-dedicated SGI person here?
> Someone who can focus on the SGI/IRIX platform would be nice.
>
> Maybe we should... hrm, hum, vote on membership. I just loving sending
> Email with '+1' and stuff <g>

Did I say SGI??? Hrmm... reading this I kinda worry.. Yeah we have one
SGI IRIX up here that runs irc.texas.net...  I said I admin it; I didn't
say I loved it....   In fact, I kinda can't stand the machine in general. :)

Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  "To be a saint is to be an exception; to be a true man is the rule.
   Err, fail, sin if you must, but be upright.  To sin as little as
   possible is the law for men; to sin not at all is a dream for angels."

              - Victor Hugo, "Les Miserables"