httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Douglass <miked...@texas.net>
Subject Re: Oh sod it
Date Wed, 26 Jun 1996 15:46:51 GMT
On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, Robert S. Thau wrote:

> How about sending the children a single which is *never* blocked, and
> whose sole effect is to set a flag which makes them stop accepting new
> connections?  (I think I called this the "time_to_die" flag in a previous
> note on this general subject...).

Hrmm... I think SIGKILL is never blocked... :)

Michael Douglass
Texas Networking, Inc.

  "To be a saint is to be an exception; to be a true man is the rule.
   Err, fail, sin if you must, but be upright.  To sin as little as
   possible is the law for men; to sin not at all is a dream for angels."

              - Victor Hugo, "Les Miserables"