httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Usr of ".map." in file name causes problems" on HPUX (fwd)
Date Fri, 28 Jun 1996 23:01:24 GMT
On Fri, 28 Jun 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> > I still don't see what you're getting at. The problem here is that
> > mod_imap core dumps when it gets fed binary data (like a GIF). How do you
> > prevent this from happening by looking at the data type when all you know
> > is that the filename is ""?
> >
> > I'm confused.
> I guess I meant catch it before even farming it off to mod_imap (though I
> agreed, mod_imap should be fixed to not core dump no matter what is thrown
> at it).  I.e., the server says to itself "okay, I'm supposed to include
> Oops, I can't do that, because isn't text or a CGI
> script".  If the list of "acceptible" included content isn't difficult to
> come up with, then that seems like a proper path to go down....

Huh? As near as I can tell, this has nothing to do with includes.
At least, the user's original message had nothing to do with them.
Besides, I believe mod_include already only includes text types.
(Remember, though, that, in 1.1, an imagemap file *is* a text/html file if
no coordinates are present).

-- Alexei Kosut <>            The Apache HTTP Server

View raw message