httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alexei Kosut <>
Subject Re: Proposal
Date Fri, 28 Jun 1996 00:17:41 GMT
On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Sure.  How's this for a timetable:
> Saturday: cutoff point for patches and bugfixes, build 1.1b5
>           compile on different platforms, test test test

Is this a 1.1b5 for our internal use, or a 1.1b5 for public release?

> Monday night:  barring any major showstoppers, package 1.1
> 	  start building binary releases
> Tuesday night: have binary releases in place
> Wednesday morning: announce 1.1

Assuming we can get everything taken care of, this sounds ok.


> 2) Update documentation on the web site.  If I can find elements to
> delegate, I'll be happy to do that - who's interested?  I think the
> Postscript version can wait a little bit, but providing a tar file of the
> HTML docs can happen (David, can you give me info on how you created the
> PS version from the HTML version?  Do you have time to facilitate this?)

What exactly does "update documentation" mean? Do you mean "make it 1.1
documentation instead of 1.0"? Or you do mean something more drastic? If
the former, I'll volunteer to coordinate it, since I wrote most of the
1.1 docs (the stuff in /docs/1.1). All that's involved, really, is moving 
some files around, changing the relative links, and modifying some other
files. (merging the new commands into core.html, mod_mime.html, etc...
Copy and paste, basically)

Of course, first cp -r the whole thing to a "1.0 documentation" directory.

-- Alexei Kosut <>            The Apache HTTP Server

View raw message