httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Apache (?and others) access control gotcha]
Date Tue, 25 Jun 1996 21:19:18 GMT
On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> In other words, as far as I can see you can't control access to
> individual user's public html spaces from the global access_conf file
> (you can of course control it with .htaccess files in their space).

Baloney. You can, and I have. My bet is he's screwed something up.
Sometimes Unix systems are set up with different ways to access a home
directory (/home, /users, whatever), and the one listed in <Directory>
needs to be, of course, the one Apache thinks its using; if you put
<Directory /home/akosut> and Apache has translated ~akosut to
/users/akosut, that section doesn't mean a thing.

*shrug*