httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: 1.1b4 bug with ErrorDocument (fwd)
Date Wed, 19 Jun 1996 19:02:23 GMT
On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> more nonsense ?

Yes, it's nonsense. He's pointing his error documents at remote documents
that return 200 responses (I think), so of course they're getting
cached. The proxy server's doing exactly what it's told. I think that's
it, at least. I'm not really sure what exactly he's talking about.

Of course, this goes back to the argument we had a few months ago over
whether or not the proxy server should always do a conditional GET, even
if it had decided the document (one w/o an Expires header) was "fresh".

Anyhow...