httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: run_sub_req() help please
Date Wed, 19 Jun 1996 17:07:41 GMT
On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Randy Terbush wrote:

> Can someone give me some feedback regarding this problem I posted
> about yesterday?
>
> Why does the following not work as it did in previous versions?
>

> 	r->handler = "some_handler";
> 	run_sub_req (r);

Are you setting up r properly? Is r the same r you were passed by the
server, or is it some new r that you've made? If it's a new r, then you
need to do all sorts of things. (copy what the sub_req_lookup_* functions
do). Specifically, it sounds like maybe you aren't setting r->connection
properly, which SET_BYTES_SENT needs to do what it does.

> sub->main is NULL.

It sounds like you're trying to short-circuit the sub_req mechanisms in
the core, and something's getting screwed up because you're not doing it
properly.

You might try, assuming you really do have r set up correctly,
instead of run_sub_req(), calling invoke_handler() yourself. Then you
avoid all the sub_req stuff.