httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Netscape-style Access Control (fwd)
Date Wed, 19 Jun 1996 16:56:58 GMT
On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> Anyone have an ideas on this one?  ... the easier it is for people
> to switch from netscape servers to Apache the better.

It's the same thing that that other guy wanted, the ability to control
individual files (and patterns of files) from .htaccess files. <Files> is
a good a way to do it as any.

> not acked (yet)

Tell him that 1.1 doesn't have a way to do it from .htaccess files (though
you can use <Location> in access.conf), but we plan to implement something
of the sort in the next major release. (since we are)