httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "infinite looping in mod_mime.c and mod_auth.c under dg/ux" on OTHER:dg/ux
Date Tue, 18 Jun 1996 17:04:11 GMT
On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:

> >Whilst reading in mime types from conf/mime.types the mime module goes into infinite
loop, eating up all available memory.
> >Under DG/UX the following while condition NEVER  equates to NULL.
> >The following mod fixes the problem:
> >
> >/*        while(ll[0]) */
> >        while(strlen(ll) != 0) {

In short, no way in heck. ll[0] is a completely valid C construct, and if
DG/UX's compiler doesn't recognize it, then its users, as Brian said,
really should stop driving those Pintos. I'd veto any such change.

What the heck is DG/UX, anyhow? I've never heard of it.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>
   http://www.nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us/~akosut/