httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@organic.com>
Subject Re: perl answer and a question...
Date Wed, 12 Jun 1996 22:31:07 GMT
On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Lucid wrote:

> I want to access a configuration value from another module
> what is the prefered way to do this??

Generally, it isn't perferred that you do that. If you're writing two
modules that want to talk to each other, r->notes is probably the best way
to do that. But there really isn't a *good* way of accessing another
module's config files directly.

> In a module I am writing I could really use knowing the
> value of
>
> <Directory /foo>

Oh. Well, actually, this isn't from a module (not really), this is from
the core. You can get the directory you're in by looking at the path
member of the cmd_parms pointer you were passed. cmd->path should contain
either the directory/location the directive was accessed under, or NULL if
it's a server directive.

-- Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com>
   http://www.nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us/~akosut/