httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: apache-demo and mod_auth_msql.c
Date Thu, 13 Jun 1996 03:52:30 GMT
On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Dirk.vanGulik wrote:
> Following Viteks comments a new version of mod_auth_msql.c into
>
> 	/httpd/incoming/apache-msql-demo.1.0.3.tar.gz

Moved to /apache/dist/contrib/demos/.

> 	/httpd/incoming/mod_auth_msql.c.1.00

I'll commit this now.

I have a question for the group.  This module is mostly the work of Dirk,
with comments from Vivek and of course input from the rest of us.  But to
be honest, most of us do not have the capability to test this ourselves,
since most of us don't have MSQL running ourselves.  I think I remember
Randy and Chuck mentioning they were using this, but I could be wrong.
So, in that situation, where the usual 3 +1 votes are needed to commit
large changes, and our usual policy of only putting stuff in the
distribution which we are willing to risk CERT warnings over, are we
comfortable with the situation of a module with one developer and a small
userbase?  In this situation I am, based upon personal knowlege of Dirk
and his technical capabilities, but for just to keep everyone on the same
page I ask if this is an okay situation.

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  Visualize liking your job.  http://www.organic.com/JOBS