httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: next compilation woes
Date Thu, 13 Jun 1996 02:47:57 GMT
On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Brian> Well, we at least need to make sure it compiles and respond to
> Brian> requests - if it can get that far it's likely that most
> Brian> portability issues are resolved.
>
> Brian> Yet another reason why autoconf would help....
>
> Here's a teaser for you: in our current version, we have a minimal
> test suite for Apache that runs under DejaGNU.  Adding new tests is
> very easy.
>
> If our NeXT was up, I could build and test it very, very easily...
>
> We'll make the test code available soon (whenever our release really
> happens).

This will be sooo cool when it works.

By the way, folks, when it finally looks like we've committed everything
on our 1.1 plate, can we coordinate a plan to attempt to compile *all* the
distributed modules and make sure there are no compilation problems?  A
formal test suite will have to wait, but I think we could really use that
as a smoke test.  I only want us to guarantee functionality on those
platforms which we know it compiles cleanly under.  I volunteer BSDI 2.0,
Solaris 2.5 (gcc and cc), and Irix 5.3 (cc).  In fact, let's make this a
little more formal

http://hyperreal.com/httpd/ports.html

These are all platforms mentioned in Configuration.tmpl...

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  Visualize liking your job.  http://www.organic.com/JOBS