httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: more on ServerPath
Date Sun, 09 Jun 1996 05:45:34 GMT
On Sat, 8 Jun 1996, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Okay, I'm now comfortable with this proposed system.  The only case which it
> doesn't address is when references are made to "/something" on the client
> side, like
>
> <A HREF="/index.html">The home page</A>

Yes, this is true. But, as we've pointed out, split milk is already
spilt, and anyone building a new site would hopefully be smart enough
to either use all relative links, or just use links with the paths
(which works just as well). I mean, if you've already got an IP-based
virtual host, you're not likely to give it up, and if you don't, then you have
links to update *anyway*.

I take it, then, that you wouldn't mind if I committed the patch
(finally)? Anyone wants to raise an objection, please send mail
containing the words "I object to you committing this patch", just so
we're clear. Otherwise, I'll do so sometime Sunday (June 9, 1996)
afternoon (Pacific Daylight Time).

Thanks! Maybe we can get us a 1.1b3 out on Monday after all...

      "War does not determine who is right, only who is left."