httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject Re: Apache 1.1b4... where is it?
Date Fri, 21 Jun 1996 20:25:36 GMT
> Hmmm ... as far as I can see the current approach requires very little work
> to maintain. I am yet to be convinced that the same is true of autoconf. I
> predict a large increase in the amount of configuration-related traffic on
> this list.

Only until the kinks get worked out and the configure.in file is nice
and clean.  From my experience, it has been extremely low-maintenance
for me.  But this point has been discussed to death.  I guess what is
needed is for someone to actually write the autonconf stuff and add it to
the source tree as an alternate configuration option.

-Rasmus