httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@madhaus.utcs.utoronto.ca
Subject Re: 1.1b3 and things???
Date Mon, 10 Jun 1996 03:47:07 GMT
>      It is legal to export crypto from the US to Canada. It is
> legal to export crypto from Canada. It is *illegal* to export crypto
> from Canada to outside the US/Canada if the crypto was obtained from
> the United States and is being reexported "without substantial
> modifications."

If it is illegal to export crypto from Canada *if* it was obtained from
the US, then there must be a Canadian law which states this.  American
law cannot cover this.  So there must be some sort of agreement between
the two countries on this point.  I should check with the lawyer types
I know.  Somehow I doubt it would ever get enforced here.

-Rasmus