httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Apache Binary for AIX
Date Sat, 29 Jun 1996 19:42:08 GMT
Rob Hartill wrote:

> Robert, I'll pass the comments on to the developers list. People more
> involved in the areas you mention will then be able to contact you directly.
>
> regards,
> rob
>
> >Apache Folks,
> >
> >Are there any efforts to create an AIX binary for the Apache http server?

Well, there are some lines in the Configuration file that claim to support AIX.
Whether they work or not is another question, perhaps you could try them?

> >Has any company stepped up to provide commercial support for Apache?
> >
> >Has any OEM arrangement been made?  If so who is the contact?

It doesn't really work like that. Since the source is freely available you can
do what you like with it, so long as you acknowledge the Apache Group, and that
kind of thing. See the license for details.

Cheers,

Ben.

> >Regards,
> >Robert Patrick
> >AIX Product Management
> >Apple Computer, Inc.
> >

> >rp@apple.com
> >(408) 974-4758
> >

> --
> Rob Hartill (robh@imdb.com)
> The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)  http://www.imdb.com/
>            ...more movie info than you can poke a stick at.

London, England.