httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: more on ServerPath
Date Mon, 03 Jun 1996 05:44:12 GMT
> At any rate, I figured we'd better implement it before Roy Fielding
> lets slip that he promised some people that Apache would do so. At
> least according to Jim Gettys in <9605311843.AA04961@zorch.w3.org> on
> http-wg, he did:
>
> ! the time (per Klensin's original recommendations), but Roy successfully
> ! argued us (in the Palo Alto meeting) around to a more slightly more
> ! loose definition, by promising he'd personally make sure that Apache
> ! correctly implemented the host requirements and report errors properly

I only promised him that Apache would implement the final host requirements
properly when we started to call ourselves HTTP/1.1 -- the rationale being
that I will veto anything calling itself HTTP/1.1 that is obviously not
obeying the 1.1 requirements for Host.

That is, after all, why I am the HTTP cop.

......Roy [who hasn't promised anything else, honest...]