httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r...@imdb.com (Rob Hartill)
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "Incorrect host part in URL" on Irix (fwd)
Date Tue, 02 Jul 1996 02:36:05 GMT

Not acked.

From: markm@mincom.com
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Sun Jun 30 19:20:52 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Incorrect host part in URL" on Irix

Submitter: markm@mincom.com
Operating system: Irix, version: 5.3
Version of Apache Used: 1.1b4
Extra Modules used: status_module, db_auth_module, proxy_module
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
I have linked apache against SOCKS 4.3 beta 2,
and it is talking to a SOCKS 5 firewall server.

It would appear (and it is not every time), that
repeat lookups of URL's already traversed, will
result in apache asking for a URL with a host
part of 0.0.0.2. The socks logfile on the firewall
reports the following

Jul  1 12:14:52 blocker Socks5[27135]: TCP Connection Request:
   Connect (pithy.mincom.oz.au:2042 to 0.0.0.2:81)
   for user markm

If I retry later, I may get this again, but I may
get a correct host.

If I point my proxy at our older CERN daemon, it
all works OK, so I don't think it is the fault of
my browser (netscape 3 beta), which does not do
any DNS caching, so far as I can tell.
--

Backtrace:

----- End of forwarded message from markm@mincom.com -----