httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: Style list summary
Date Sun, 30 Jun 1996 04:54:59 GMT
Dean Gaudet liltingly intones:

> Jim Jagielski  <new-httpd@hyperreal.com> wrote:
> >Hmmm... SGI you say? Do we have a semi-dedicated SGI person here?
> >Someone who can focus on the SGI/IRIX platform would be nice.
>
> www.hotwired.com are IRIX boxes.  We're running 5.3 at the moment,
> and I've been dabbling with 6.2 (but won't be doing anything serious
> until I see a rollup patch).  You could say we're committed to it... but
> we're still way back on a patched 1.0.3.  I'm dreading the patches up
> to 1.1b5-dev because I know work has been done in all the places that
> hotwired has special code for.
>
> bianca.com (the main box) is also an overburdened litle indy running 5.3
> and vanilla 1.0.5.  I can probably get them to try anything on that box
> if we say it's faster :)

1.1b(n) has run fine here on IRIX 5.3 for awhile now. Mod_imap was really
the only wart that got large. Virtual hosting also works fine. Even the
proxy works. 8^)

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
One Page Principle:
	A specification that will not fit on one page of 8.5x11 inch
paper cannot be understood.
		-- Mark Ardis