httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Status does not show non-proxied requests info" on Linux (fwd)
Date Fri, 28 Jun 1996 00:30:30 GMT
Aram Mirzadeh wrote:

> Acked! I can't reproduce the problem, but if this does make sense.... maybe
> we should put it in.
>
> > More info is in order.  I am running Linux 2.0 with CONFIG_SKB_LARGE.
> > What I was seeing is that connections would very quickly go into the
> > FIN_WAIT1 state with lots of data queued as shown by netstat.  I think
> > that those corresponded to servers that status were reporting as K,
> > i.e. SERVER_BUSY_KEEPALIVE.  As soon as servers got into that state,
> > request information for them was wrong, not blank, just plain wrong
> > (and I think in every case the request information shown for those
> > servers was the one for my own request for status).
> >
> > *** http_main.c.orig	Wed Jun 26 18:34:06 1996
> > --- http_main.c	Wed Jun 26 18:34:54 1996
> > ***************
> > *** 1242,1248 ****
> >   	  destroy_pool(r->pool);
> > ! 	  (void)update_child_status (child_num, SERVER_BUSY_KEEPALIVE, (request_rec*)NULL);
> >   	  r = read_request (current_conn);
> > --- 1242,1248 ----
> >   	  destroy_pool(r->pool);
> > ! 	  (void)update_child_status (child_num, SERVER_BUSY_KEEPALIVE, r);
> >   	  r = read_request (current_conn);

As the code is right now, when in keepalive, the request field is left
alone and not touched. Thus, it will "keep" the previous entries, which
makes sense. Nothing else should be monkeying around with that slot
and the first thing that update_child_status() does it read the
slot info into the "workspace".

What did he consider as "wrong"?