httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Including a text file doesn't work as expected" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Thu, 27 Jun 1996 18:34:20 GMT
------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: (Chris Schanzle)
Subject: Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Including a text file doesn't work as expected" on Solaris
2.x (fwd)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 13:34:20 -0500
From: Randy Terbush <>

> Randy writes:
> I also tried adding "map" to the "text/plain" entry in mime.types and
> restarting the server, so I think this would have been equivalent to
> your idea.  It did not make a difference with vers. 1.05, though now
> I'm running 1.1b4.  I think the 'right' way would to have text/plain
> as the default for non-executables -- especially if it doesn't have a
> mime type associated with the extension.  I might be missing something
> since I admit to not fully exploiting the capabilities of the #include
> file function.
> Okay, I just tried your idea just to make sure I was correct.  But I
> was wrong!  It worked after making a copy (or a symlink).  But why?
> "grep map conf/*" shows (among others):
>   srm.conf:# If you wish to use server-parsed imagemap files, use
>   srm.conf:AddType application/x-httpd-imap map
> Doh!  That's why the map extension was working weirdly -- though it
> wasn't in mime.types, it was in srm.conf.  I hate that.  :-)

:-) It is possible to have one config file by adding the following
to your httpd.conf.

AccessConfig   /dev/null
ResourceConfig /dev/null

> I'm set.  Thanks for your assistance.  Maybe put this in the FAQ somehow?
> I'll put it in my cgi-tips file, that's for sure.
> Regards,
> Chris

As it has been pointed out in the Apache group, it would be impossible
to properly handle <!--#include virtual="somefile.cgi"--> without also
handling defined content-types unless of course you wanted to include
the content of the .cgi file.

SSI has many of these interesting little twists. Glad you found your
way through them.  Thanks for using Apache!

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy

View raw message