httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: KNF document
Date Thu, 27 Jun 1996 16:56:39 GMT
  And just to annoy the grep
  argument types, when I grep for functions I like to see a function's
  arguments and return type right in the grep output, since that is usually
  the only reason I grep for a function in the first place anyway.

In any case, you *can* find the definition of a function declared with
group-consensus style using grep; you just need a slightly more
sophisticated pattern:

       rst@volterra>grep '^[^ 	].*palloc' *.c
       alloc.c:void *palloc (struct pool *a, int reqsize)
       rst@volterra>

If that regex is too messy to type (note that there is both a space and
tab in the brackets), a shell alias could easily be constructed to hide
the ugly details... for the alias, it might even be worth looking for
the open paren after the function name to avoid (very rare) false hits.

rst