httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Style list II
Date Wed, 26 Jun 1996 20:05:27 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> > Wouldn't it be easier to select a set of options
> > for GNUindent and let people write as they want, but
> > then GNUindent it before committing the patches?
>
> I wasn't aware of GNUindent. What is the package name?
>
> Will it do all the things we've listed?

GNUindent is the GNU version of cindent. It has loads of goodies
and options, including K&R mode. Basically, you can control almost
every aspect of coding style.

I can Email the man-page to those interested...

For those who think it's a good idea, but don't have access to it,
I can hack a little droid here that will accept C code via Email
and return the code GNUindented.

The nice thing is that you can code in whatever style you're comfortable
with, run it through GNUindent, and have it changed to the official
Apache style <g>