httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: mod_log_config.c
Date Wed, 26 Jun 1996 19:14:00 GMT
Robert S. Thau wrote:

>   Do we want to maintain the current "impression" in the mod_log_config.c
>   module that it's not ready for prime-time?
>
> Do we want to declare the current interface final, and that future
> versions will always be at least backwards-compatible?  I'm not sure
> about this --- the "experimental" bit is more about that than about
> the quality of the code per se at this point...

That's different then.

Sounds like thought for 1.2.

Oh yeah... was there still the desire to maintain scoreboard
info between server downtimes. I recall awhile ago someone mentioned
that it would be "a good thing" if Apache would dump the current
scoreboard when killed and reread it when started again. I did some
pre-lim work on it and then let it slide, but if there's a need I
can start up again.