httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Style list summary
Date Wed, 26 Jun 1996 11:24:14 GMT

>   Our HPUX 1.1b5-dev  (xxx.lanl.gov) has stopped accepting connections
>   twice recently.. needing a SIGHUP to bring it back.
>
>   Any ideas on what would cause that?
>
> Hmmm... did you ever see this before the SO_LINGER patch?

We've had things freeze in the past but they are very rare and could
be caused by any number of things outside of Apache's control, but
since switching to b5-dev the server has died twice (Saturday and today).

The machine is low use (~40,000 hits/day) with lots of timeouts from
distant clients. We SIGHUP once a week.

We now have a cron script to look for an outage and SIGHUP automatically.

My guess is that if the SO_LINGER patch is newer than a couple of weeks
then it could be a factor. If it's much older than that then I doubt it.

rob