httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject WWW Form Bug Report: "ftp proxy fails from netscape" on SunOS 4.xSunOS (fwd)
Date Wed, 26 Jun 1996 00:14:35 GMT

From: woods@planix.com
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Tue Jun 25 17:03:26 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "ftp proxy fails from netscape" on SunOS 4.xSunOS

Submitter: woods@planix.com
Operating system: SunOS 4.xSunOS, version: 4.1.1_U1
Version of Apache Used: 1.1B4
Extra Modules used: BASIC+ asis_module imap_module action_module agent_log_module referer_log_module
cern_meta_module env_module anon_auth_module status_module info_module dbm_auth_module digest_module
cookies_module proxy_module
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
When I set the FTP proxy in Netscape-3.0b4 to point
at the host and port I'm running Apache-1.1b4 with

	Proxy Error

	The proxy server could not handle this request.

	Reason: Could not connect to remote machine

In all cases the machine running Apache can most
definitely contact the target host's ftp server.

Similar problems seem to occur for other protocols,
including gopher.

The HTTP proxy seems to work very well otherwise.

--

Backtrace:

----- End of forwarded message from woods@planix.com -----