httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src README conf.h http_main.c util.c
Date Tue, 25 Jun 1996 12:17:28 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> Jim, this is an awfully big patch (18K, for those not on apache-cvs) which
> changes an awfully large number of lines in the core code, so close to a
> final release.  I saw minor discussion about this on the list, but I would
> definitely *veto* this if *only* for stability's sake.  We need to get 1.1
> out, and something like this just has too much potential for causing a
> small little bug here that could, say, cause Solaris to not compile for
> example.  This is with all due respect, call me paranoid.

I'm assuming that in very short order we will be using some sort of
autoconf utility. Not only that, but more and more people will be using
Apache and trying to port it to various systems. Some sort of documentation
on what various defines are somewhat long overdue, esp when you consider
that we're up to 1.1 already :)