httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: mod_cern_meta.c - MetaFiles <on|off>
Date Mon, 24 Jun 1996 03:44:07 GMT
  Do we want to increase the storage size for the Options fields before
  official 1.1? Should be a harmless fix that might be appreciated by
  someone developing an extension???

Unfortunately, it would probably be real awkward to use unless there's a
graceful way for a particular extension to request a bit.  (Without that,
conflicts with different extensions using the same bit for different
purposes become pretty much inevitable).

Between that, and the possibility of some unintended behavior leaking
out of the woodwork, I'd prefer to leave it for 1.2.  (Again, I'm not
opposed to the idea --- my current working code already has it, though
without the crucial "request a bit" core functionality --- but not

View raw message