httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: mod_cern_meta.c - MetaFiles <on|off>
Date Mon, 24 Jun 1996 02:11:04 GMT
  I don't understand what the phrase 'constructs and manipulates only
  server-side state' means.  Possibly it is a term coined in one of
  those mail messages I missed last week.  Any clues?

I meant "per-server", as opposed to "per-directory".  Sorry about that.

  Perhaps what you want is for the directory name and the suffix name
  to be definable per-directory.

Well, as a matter of policy, I like *everything* to be definable per-
directory, unless there's a pretty good reason why it can't be (too
dangerous without a specific AllowOverride bit --- we're fixing that,
right? --- or just doesn't make sense, as in Alias and Userdir)...

View raw message