httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Sussman <mydd...@vidya.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Keep-Alive prevents page from being loaded by NS Gold/Win 95" on Linux (fwd)
Date Wed, 19 Jun 1996 06:20:09 GMT

Gold/Win 95" on Linux

> > Submitter: jay@mediastar.com
> > Operating system: Linux, version:
> > Version of Apache Used: 1.1b3 & 1.1b4
> > Extra Modules used: DBM, Status, Agent, Referer, Cookies
> > URL exhibiting problem: http://www.rainbowkids.com/
> >
> > Symptoms:
> > --
> > Whenever a connection is made using Netscape, the
> >  first page loads fine.  If you try to click on a
> > link while a Keep-Alive connection exists, the
> > page will fail to load.  The status board shows
> > the keep-alive process of the FIRST link clicked,
> > but not the second.  This bug only occurs under
> > 1.1b3 & 1.1b4 (we've had to switch back to 1.1b2)
> >
> > --

I have had very similar behavior since I first started playing
with keep-alives(somewhere around 1.1b2).  Basically, every
other reload of a web page hangs on the graphics when using
Keep-Alive.  If you hit 'reload' again while the graphics are
lagging, you will get the whole document with its images just
fine.  If you hit 'reload' yet again, you get the same hanging
behavior.

It is very definitely related to apache and turning Keep-Alive
off always makes the problem go away.  I am experiencing this with
Linux, any 3.0 version of Netscape, on a local network and an unloaded
machine.

I have tried on and off to determine what is causing this, but nothing
obvious has jumped out at me yet.

-adam