httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Netscape hangs waiting for response" on SunOS 4.x (fwd)
Date Tue, 18 Jun 1996 15:53:47 GMT
I have seen this problem with both MSIE and Netscape under Win95. Server closes
the connection, but the client never sees the close. I have heard there is
a bug fix for Win95 for this, but I cannot verify that.

Rob Hartill liltingly intones:
> > This is a bug in Netscsape wrt KeepAlive. If they switch them off the problem
> > will go away, I'm almost certain. Basicly, when we drop the link Netscape
> > doesn't notice and send the next request up the same link. This used to be a
> > problem in Win3.1 and _not_ Win95, but it seems Netscape have improved things.
> How big a problem is this then? are keepalives unusable if half the
> planet are using windoze and netscape?
> Do other servers have the same problem or do they keep the connection
> open for longer?
> rob

Chuck Murcko	N2K Inc.	Wayne PA
And now, on a lighter note: