httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Server parsed HTML bug!! (?)
Date Thu, 13 Jun 1996 17:53:50 GMT

> I am trying to use a cgi script to generate Server parsed html
> The cgi script send the magic mimetype
>
> But It doesn't work, but It used to...
> Anyways I think it's a bug...

Never has been allowed in Apache or NCSA  AFAIK.

I tell people that it's a big security headache to allow it
'cos few people can write secure enough CGI to prevent an
attacker from exploiting CGI which will execute things you
send it.

Sorry, no matches for search request:  <!--#exec cmd="cat /etc/passwd" -->
Please try again.