httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: apache-demo and mod_auth_msql.c
Date Thu, 13 Jun 1996 05:08:24 GMT
Brian Behlendorf liltingly intones:

> I have a question for the group.  This module is mostly the work of Dirk,
> with comments from Vivek and of course input from the rest of us.  But to
> be honest, most of us do not have the capability to test this ourselves,
> since most of us don't have MSQL running ourselves.  I think I remember
> Randy and Chuck mentioning they were using this, but I could be wrong.
> So, in that situation, where the usual 3 +1 votes are needed to commit
> large changes, and our usual policy of only putting stuff in the
> distribution which we are willing to risk CERT warnings over, are we
> comfortable with the situation of a module with one developer and a small
> userbase?  In this situation I am, based upon personal knowlege of Dirk
> and his technical capabilities, but for just to keep everyone on the same
> page I ask if this is an okay situation.

Clarification: I'm not using this, so I'm a +0 here. That also means I'm
not against mod_auth_msql, and am willing to risk having to take 3-5% of
the heat from a possible CERT advisory, given your endorsement of Dirk.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
If all the world's economists were laid end to end, we wouldn't reach a
conclusion.
		-- William Baumol