httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: next compilation woes
Date Thu, 13 Jun 1996 04:58:15 GMT
Didn't you get a warning in bprintf()? Or weren't you using -Wall? Maybe
I saw that on BSDI 2.1. I'll check.

BTW, the mod_proxy warning is a known wart.

I'll add a line for the test for BSDI 2.1 unless you just want to call it 2.x.

Well, that leaves me FreeBSD, I guess. Or Solaris 2.4. It might be a good
idea for someone who actually *has* UnixWare 2.x to support it.

Which compiler are you going to use for IRIX? I have SGI cc and gcc 2.7.2.
Will checking these help?

I assume this should be a -Wall or equivalent build.

Brian Behlendorf liltingly intones:

> By the way, folks, when it finally looks like we've committed everything
> on our 1.1 plate, can we coordinate a plan to attempt to compile *all* the
> distributed modules and make sure there are no compilation problems?  A
> formal test suite will have to wait, but I think we could really use that
> as a smoke test.  I only want us to guarantee functionality on those
> platforms which we know it compiles cleanly under.  I volunteer BSDI 2.0,
> Solaris 2.5 (gcc and cc), and Irix 5.3 (cc).  In fact, let's make this a
> little more formal
>
> http://hyperreal.com/httpd/ports.html
>
> These are all platforms mentioned in Configuration.tmpl...

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall,
Aleph-null bottles of beer,