httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "mod_proxy misbehavior" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)
Date Thu, 13 Jun 1996 04:48:30 GMT
It is weird logic, but it *does* work. inet_aton() has already been
replaced with inet_addr() in a way guaranteed to be warning-free on
even the most bizarre compilers I've seen. Call me paranoid, er, uh,
Ishmael.

It's been tested for both names & IP addresses, and failures of both.
It's also been tested for the case noted below.

Kinda like weird science. 8^)

Cliff Skolnick liltingly intones:

> Interesting note about DNS behavio (paragraph 2)
>
> --
> Cliff Skolnick                                      cliff@organic.com

> safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
It's lucky you're going so slowly, because you're going in the wrong
direction.