httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "stops answering http-requests within 1-10 Minutes after startup. Killing the procesesses is impossible
Date Wed, 12 Jun 1996 01:41:27 GMT
> Forwarded to the developer's list.
>
> Does anyone have any further suggestions for the ongoing UnixWare 2.x
> problems? I, frankly, am out of ideas, and without a testbed.

Is it possible that the server is running out of open file descriptors
due to socket weirdness on this OS branch? I'm an innocent bystander
here, but the SO_LINGER issue with regard to SVR4 comes to mind.
There is another person who has reported the same problem with 1.0.5
with his httpd dieing after a few hours.

Would it be possible to get the output from 'netstat -a' leading
up to the httpd death?

I saw several patches regarding the LINGER issue from bug reports.
Did any of these get commited?