httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "srm.conf-dist has invalid Meta* lines" on Linux (fwd)
Date Tue, 11 Jun 1996 11:50:48 GMT
  Hmm... any way we can specify something like "unknown directives within
  <Limit> are considered fatal, otherwise considered nonfatal but
  complained about loudly"?

If it was obvious to me that misspelled directives in <Limit> were the
only ones that were truly dangerous, I'd be happy with this.  However,
other cases are also worrisome --- "Optiions" and "AllowOveride" in
particular.  I really do think it's preferable to selectively allow
the server to continue in cases where it can be expected to fail safe
than to try to enumerate all the dangerous cases....

(The sort of thing I'd be happy with is having syntax errors in a
<Directory> section disable access to that directory, and syntax errors
in a <VirtualHost> disable that particular virtual server, without
killing off the whole thing).

rst