httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com>
Subject Re: 1.1b3 to be built tonight
Date Mon, 10 Jun 1996 14:45:51 GMT
Rob Hartill liltingly intones:

> >3) I will update the web site with references to 1.1b3, and send an
> >announcement just to apache-announce.  I will indicate this is our last
> >beta, that it has covered all the bugs we have been notified of that we
> >could verify, and that 1.1 final is due within one week.
>
> Famous last words "1.1 final is due within one week"
>
> History tells us that it'll be more than 1 week... nice goal though.

It can easily be one week, if (as Paul has suggested more than once) we can
set aside our dreaming for that short time and go about the drudgery of
release engineering in a timely way. Then we're free to go on about the
business of how to do logs, how to be HTTP 1.1-compliant, how to make the
proxy really scream, etc. in the 1.2-dev world. It's just a matter of
priorities.

Test, bug fix, retest, commit, and repeat. It's supremely boring, but if
we want to see 1.1 out, we've gotta do it.

I'm as guilty as the rest of you. 8^)

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus
handicapped.
		-- Elbert Hubbard