httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: feature idea
Date Sun, 09 Jun 1996 14:27:09 GMT
  I like the idea of having another module to do the syslog, and having a
  choice between the two loggin methods.

Hmmm... the error log is actually managed by the core, and not any
module.  (I did it this way originally because the core itself does
have to log errors on occasion, and I wasn't sure how that
functionality could easily be dispatched out).

Even for TransferLog-type stuff (in which I include UserAgentLog and
RefererLog for people silly enough to want separate logs for those two
items), there may be an advantage to having some kind of mechanism;
doing it as separate modules would mean duplication of, say, the
mod_log_config formatting machinery, and that would be a good thing
to avoid if we don't have to do something worse to avoid it.

rst