httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: feature idea
Date Sun, 09 Jun 1996 14:04:06 GMT
  The current behavior is fine - I don't think it should change, since I'm
  sure some system rely upon being able to kill all children immediately.

Ayup --- the first thing the parent process does on a restart is
reclaim_child_processes(), which means that it doesn't do anything
*else* until they're all dead and gone.

There may be ways around this, but as a devout believer in the KISS
principle, I think there's some merit in trying to figure out the
simplest way of dealing with it (if anyone has a hankering to), rather
than diving in head-first with the first quick idea that comes to mind...

rst